Sunday, July 17, 2005

July 17, 2005 Mom and Dad in town!

Today has been a pretty good day. I am starting to feel the effects of the chemo, but I was able to function okay today. I got up and went to church and stayed for all the meetings. I felt okay, maybe a little run down. Mom and Dad came into town last night. They are staying at my sister's 15 minutes away at night, then they will come here during the day. It feels so nice to have them here. They are on a mission for our church this summer, but are able to take a few days off to come over and help with the kids. There's nothing like having your Mom around when your not feeling well. She is a great Mom. I am grateful to have such good parents!

I am not as discouraged this round so far. I was so drained last time. I am feeling pretty optimistic about things. It is so frustrating when your mind is willing...but your body won't cooperate! I feel like an old woman. I am trying to have a postive attitude...I really am.

Tonight I was watching my girls play outside with Grandpa and it made me realize how important those moments really are. I don't think I enjoyed them as much as I do now. How grateful I am for that change of perspective.

That's all I wanted to write tonight. Good night

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!