Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Pretty Good Day.

I have had an okay day today. My parents are here from out of state for 5 days! They are here to help me with the kids when I hit my bad days at the first of the week. I am thirty two years old and having my Mom and Dad near still brings me such great comfort. No one understands me like my Mom and she is a great woman. They hadn't seen me bald until tonight. They tried not to act shocked, but I could tell it was "weird" for them. Who am I kidding...it's still weird for me. I am growing more confident in public though and it feels good to not have to worry about it too much and how I look.

I am getting more done this week-end than I thought I would be able to. I have had more energy since I was put on the steroids. They do make me a little edgy...just ask my hubbies (poor guy). I get this nesting feeling right before I go in for chemo where I feel like I have to have EVERYTHING in total order, because I know I will be down for a good 5-6 days at a time. I have to have my kids things in order, laundry, meals for the week, house cleaning, bills all done a head of time just so I don't get behind. Brent is a wonderful help and really steps up! What a guy!

I am exhausted tonight, but my mind is running a million miles an hour. I guess I better call it a night. One other thing I wanted to add was the wonderful support of people who have been there for me and my family! People from church, friends, and family. I feel so lucky and blessed! My sister Ann has sent me a card or a package nearly every week to cheer me on. Friends have sent kind cards and emails weekly. I can't begin to tell you how much your love and support gets me through. Thank you all! I love and appreciate you!

Love, Dana

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!