Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Good News!!

I got great news today! I had the genetic testing done for the BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 genes....and I was negative! The test took a month to process, what a long wait! The recommendations for positive results would have been a double radical mastectomy and radical hysterectomy to remove the ovaries. The breast cancer genes help determine ovarian cancer as well. I was so relieved! The doctor told me the news and I started crying and hugged him. That is one worry off my mind... and that also means the chances my daughters will struggle with breast cancer is lower now too.

Prayer really does work! I am grateful for some good news! What a relief! I only have two more chemo treatments, then surgery. They will determine if I will need another lumpectomy or a mastectomy then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I found your site from the Too Sexy For My Hair flickr group and I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck. My name is Aeryn and I am also a cancer survivor. I have cervical cancer that spread to the uterus and bladder, but hopefully my chemo and radiation got it! You seem like a very strong person so I know you'll make it through this in one piece. The best advice that I can give you is that no matter what happens, always have a sense of humor about it. Laughter can carry you through it all and help keep you sane! lolol

If you ever need someone to talk to, cry to, or just vent to then just yell! I am a great listener. =] You can find me in the flickr group or my web site. Again, stay strong and good luck!

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!