Friday, August 26, 2005

My Dammit Doll


I just had to share the cutest gift I received yesterday from my good friend Deon. Deon is also a breast cancer survivor and has been done with chemo for 6 weeks now. She made this "Dammit Doll" for me with the following card attached:

"When you want to throw the phone or kick the dog and shout...Here's a little Dammit Doll you can not live without! Just grasp it firmly by the legs and find a place to slam it! And when you wack it's stuffing out...yell Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!"

Notice the little band-aid over the breast...isn't that adorable!!

People have been so thoughtful and good to me! I am very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life!

I had my second to last treatment yesterday! I am starting to feel the effects! I just keep reminding my self it's almost over...I can do it! My sister has the girls again today...it feels so nice to relax and not have to worry about them...thank you Lynne! I am blessed...very, very blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did Deon buy the doll? I would *love* to get some and take them up to the Cancer Center here in my town. =]

Anonymous said...

Here is my 1st attempt. lol This is even the first time I have EVER sewn anything! =] Does it look ok? lolol http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeryngirl/39007370/

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!