Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chemo Fog

I am SO tired this morning....I'm not sure I will make it through the day! This is what is called the chemo fog. I am going through the motions, but don't feel much. My brain literally feels like it's in a fog. The only way I can explain it to people, it is like having to get up at 3 am to go the bathroom, and you're just to tired to get up. When you do finally make it to the bathroom you feel like your body weighs a million pounds and you barely remember it in the morning. I feel like a zombie!

I had to add this picture...isn't my Peach a sweetie!! I was typing and she climbed on the back of my chair and I had my camera handy. My girls keep me going! Literally :) I love them so much! Look at that smile...it melts me! She was saying "CHEESE"!!!

As you can see I am looking more and more like an Alien. Maybe I could make some money as a movie extra in a horror flick! My eyebrows and lashes are almost gone. I am pale (except for those freckles) and I have little life left in my face...thank goodness for my permanent lip color otherwise I'd look dead.

I have a lady from church coming to pick the girls up around 2:00 so I can hopefully sleep. I'm not sure I can make it until then. I am proud to say the girls are dressed, their hair is done and I actually got the dishes done!! I wish I could offer more...I have so little to give. I have a lot planned when this chemo stuff is done! I will conquer the world and never take my health for granted again! NEVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and your daughter are beautiful. =] Who needs eyebrows anyways?!?!

I remember "The Fog" all too well. You described it PERFECTLY. It's like you are a Zombie stumbling around your house, mumbling. Sometimes there may even be drool. lolol

I send a thousand best wishes and prayers your way. =]

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!