Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Happy Days

I just wanted to write a quick, positive note saying the past few days have been very good! I have felt like my old self the past few days (I don't know if that's good or not come to think of it :) Thursday is my very last treatment of chemotherapy!!!!! I can't believe it. I am blessed because this summer really has gone faster than I could have imagined. I never thought it would get here...and here it is!

I was talking to my Mom tonight about my mixed emotions with finishing chemo. It feels bittersweet. Weird, I know. I have gotten to know the Oncology staff and they have become positive people in my life. Now, I won't see them weekly. Very compassionate people. I feel like a better person knowing them. I have also gained many valuable life lessons from this experience I fear will not continue once this is over. People have been so compassionate and helpful. I have had a lot of positive things happen...along with the hellish ones. It still amazes me that spectrum of human emotions can oscillate between such a wide variety of feelings, sometimes at the very same time!

I am worrying about surgery. This maybe the defining moment in all of this. This is when they go in and see if the chemo did it's job and what my future holds as far as ongoing treatment...or the ever revered title of "cancer free". This is an experience I will never forget. I know I am only half way through this. I worry about writing too much for fear I might jinx myself. But, I hope and pray the cancer will be gone and I can become an advocate for other women going through this trial!

That is all I wanted to write. Except to say I had a great day with my little ones. I took them to the river for a picnic and got some sunshine and fresh air. I am learning to never take advantage of these priceless moments. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcomming LAST treatment!

shelleylyn said...

last treatment... something to CELEBRATE! I'm with you, my friend.

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!