Friday, September 23, 2005

Surgery is Scheduled

I finally got my surgery scheduled for Friday the 30th. I consult with my surgeon on Monday about my options. I went in for my two week check up with my Oncologist yesterday and I was cleared for surgery. I go in another month for a check up and then I will go in periodically for the next five years. My Oncologist couldn't find ANY lumps yesterday during the exam and felt it was possible I may not need a full mastectomy...but of course they won't know until they get in there and see what cancer is left. I felt optimistic when I left about my prognosis! I just don't dare get my hopes up to high...but I felt good about it yesterday for the first time.

I have been in better spirits the last couple of days. Brent and I went out to dinner last night and were able to spend some time alone. It was wonderful to have an adult conversation with my husband and enjoy each other's company. Brent has been fantastic through all this...I have a good man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your surgery! Try not to think about it until that day. lolol

I will be thinking of you Friday and you will be in my prayers. :-)

Don't worry, you are not alone and you WILL make it through ALL of this. :-)

Lori Miller said...

Hey Banana,
Your in my thoughts and prayers... I would say I will be thinking about you on Friday but I will probably be thinking about you all week!

Luv,

Lori

Dana said...

Thanks you guys! I totally appreciate all your love and support...it means the world to me! It helps to know I am not alone!

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!