Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Get Up and Go....Got Up and Went!

Man, I feel like a lump on a log today. My get up and go...got up and went. Isn't that a country song or something? I have had a cold for two and a half weeks now. My body just doesn't seem to want to fight it off. Hopefully it's busy fighting cancer!!

I have tried to get a few things done around the house, but I haven't been too successful at it. The effects of the chemo are starting to disappear except for the numbness/pain in my hands and feet from the Taxol and some fatigue. I'm not sure I remember a time when I wasn't tired. I look forward to feeling good again!! We went for a walk yesterday and my feet felt like they were on fire. Hopefully it will go away. Dr. Schull said the neuropathy can sometimes be permanent. Yeah, that's all I need!

I am proud to report I am starting to get a little peach fuzz on my head!! I thought there was no way it would start growing back this soon, but my husband and friends have confirmed that there is definitely fuzz. I have grown tired of being bald and look forward to having some locks again! I don't however, look forward to having to shave various parts of my body...that part has been awesome! I haven't even been wearing my caps and turbans...all it is now is a baseball hat. I just don't care anymore.

We are planning to go to Utah this weekend to see my family. We didn't do anything fun this summer and we need to get out. I will be having surgery soon and need a little break before hand. Brent is taking me on a date Thursday to celebrate no more chemo. Thursday is my usual chemo day. Instead...we are going out on the town. Something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana, isn't it amazing how quickly your hair grows back? Lori's even starts to grow back when she gets a week off from chemo now and then. In spite of cancer, the human body is incredible.

I wanted to say thanks for the nice THANK YOU card you sent Lori...she's been fighting a cold too, and the card really perked her up. It means a lot to her to know she's making a difference.

By the way, I've gotten involved in a brand new blogging project called Carnival of Compassion. It's meant to bring together patient, caregiver, and medical bloggers. Anyways, I thought you might be interested in contributing one of your posts...you are a great writer, and your blog would fit right in.

If you're interested you can check out this post I wrote about it: http://www.cancer-news-watch.com/2005/09/19/the-carnival-of-compassion-has-begun/

I'm glad to hear you guys are getting out of town. I really think it's something you kind of need to be pro-active about, otherwise the stress can catch up with you without your even noticing.

Well, better go...hang in there my friend,
-Cary

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!