Friday, October 21, 2005

The Coolest Thing!

I had the coolest thing happen today. I went to the mailbox and in it was a package from Lori & Cary (Too Sexy For My Hair~Flikr) with a handful of cards from people all over the country! Isn't that awesome!! People I have never met in person who are praying for me and sending their best wishes...amazing! I was so thrilled and uplifted! I am daily reminded of the good people in this world and how blessed I am to have such a fantastic support group. I shudder to think of someone going through this awful disease and not having wonderful people in their lives...and I know they are out there. Thank you everyone...thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have something else cool to add. I was asked to be on a local T.V. news talk show next week about breast cancer! My oncologist will be on, along with people from radiology. They asked me because I am young with children and they want women to know breast cancer can happen to anyone of any age! I am a little nervous...but those of you who know me personally know I have the gift of gab. I obviously feel very passionate about this and would do anything if it helped one person get into their doctor and get the treatment they need! After all, it is Breast Cancer Awareness month! Get your mammograms!

Today has been a great day! I was able to go to the soup kitchen and help serve lunch. It felt so good to first of all, have the energy to do it, but also to get outside myself and help out someone else for a change! I got so busy I started sweating and rubbed off my eyebrows! I'm a sight...let me tell ya! I have really learned a lesson or two about the importance of service. Too bad it took cancer for me to get it! At least I'm getting right?

Yesterday, I went to both my Surgeon and my Oncologist. I had to have fluid drained (gross I know) that had build up from the surgery. Dr. Jones said she is pleased with how I am healing up...me too! Man, where they took the lymph nodes under my arm is still so stink'n sore, but getting better!!

I had my one month check up with the oncologist. He went over my most recent path report and said how pleased he was with the results. He said my cancer was very sensitive to the chemo! DIE CANCER DIE!! The path report said the lymph nodes that had cancer left in them were considered microscopic and were contained only to the nodes themselves! Man I am lucky...I just have to say that I realize I am so blessed and so lucky. This could have been SO much worse, according to my initial prognosis...it should have been. Dr. Shull reminded me of that yesterday. When he first saw my tumor (the orange) path report he said "I thought for sure you would have to have a full mastectomy"! So neeneer, neeneer, neeneer to cancer!

Read a funny joke in a book my sister Ann sent me.
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Ad-air.
Ad-air Who?
Ad-air (had hair) once...but it all fell out!!

Hair today...gone tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one! lolol

I am SO glad to hear that you are feeling better. :)It's the best news i've heard in a while!

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!