Friday, October 28, 2005

TV Apprearance

Yesterday I was able to do a couple of segments on a local TV show about Breast Cancer Awareness. It went really well and I enjoyed myself. I was able to tell my story about being misdiagnosed for over a year and how important it is to be your own best advocate when it comes to health care. I am anxious to see how it turned out. It airs this Sunday...so we'll see.

After the taping yesterday I came home with a headache so I layed down for a little while. When I woke up I had the stomach flu which my entire family has had this week. I thought I was going to get out of it, but boy was I wrong. The nausea and puking was reminiscent of this summer going through chemo. Not a fun reminder. It's crazy how much it wears your body down, but hey...maybe I'll weigh in a lot less tomorrow at Weight Watchers...LOL

I have my planning appointment with the radiation oncologist on Monday. They told me the appointment would last an hour and a half. I should start with the actual radiation after that.

I am signing off because I need to fix my family some dinner and resemble a fairly normal mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see your tv debut! :) I bet it's great! I agree with you about the flu being awful. The flu sucks. lolol

Good luck with your appointment Monday!

About Me

My photo
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
I am a 36 year old woman, married to a great guy, and together we have three beautiful daughters. I am a three and a half year breast cancer survivor. This past year I have become active in the cause of helping those who are batteling cancer!